Migration Learning Exchange (MLE)
The Migration Learning Exchange (MLE) programme was established in 2015 to strengthen the effectiveness and influence of civil society activists working on migration issues. Currently funded by Unbound Philanthropy and The Atlantic Philanthropies, it builds on the grant-making and support work of these two foundations working across the USA, UK, Ireland and South Africa. The programme (2015 – 2018) is managed by The Social Change Initiative. The overarching goal of the MLE is to capture, connect, lever and transfer migration sector expertise and learning within and across the specific geographies, as well as to share insights and approaches on policy and advocacy with civil society organisations working in Europe.
- Organising a series of international learning exchanges
- Developing support through mentoring and coaching
- Supporting an annual Autumn Academy to develop policy exchange and ideas
- Working with NGOs and community-based initiatives in the prioritised geographical areas to encourage collaborative actions through convening and meetings on specific themes
- Generate shared learning materials through an information hub