The SCI Fellowship Programme
The SCI fellowship programme is aimed at nurturing the talents of activists and enhancing their ability to challenge inequality, expand democracy, and promote reconciliation and human rights.
The SCI fellowship programme is not open for general applications. SCI seeks nominations from key informants in a range of relevant areas and geographies.
• Building Peace
• Managing Forced Migration with Dignity & Fairness
• Tackling Inequality & Advancing Human Rights
• Improving Strategy and Tactics for Social Change
SCI has a strong interest in exploring, testing and documenting new or better ways of achieving progressive social change. Tactics to be explored include, but are not limited to:
• Exploring the role of faith-based activism in divided societies
• Creating/protecting spaces for activism
• Exploring new forms of activism
• Seeking to improve the effectiveness of activism
• Documenting/sharing knowledge and successful approaches to activism
SCI fellows Séan Brady and Marisa McMahon are housing rights organisers with the Equality Can’t Wait campaign in Belfast. In September and October 2016 they visited New York and Capetown as part of their fellowship, […]